The following services are available in participating CrossTown Connect Communities:
Cross-Acton Transit (The CAT)
Cross-Acton Transit (The CAT) is an hourly fixed-route bus service in Acton that links residential areas, businesses and the South Acton Commuter Rail station together. The service runs from 8:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday. Cost is $1.00 per trip. Please see schedule for designated stops and times.
All services below operate as a single service in Acton, Boxborough, Littleton and Maynard. Rides may be booked on all services by calling 978-844-6809.
The MinuteVan Dial-A-Ride is a shared ride service intended to safely and efficiently transport as many passengers at a time as possible. It is open to all riders including students in the Acton-Boxborough school system.
The service covers anywhere in Acton, Boxborough, Littleton, Maynard and medical facilities in Concord as well as other select locations. Call to see if the service goes to your destination.
Children under the age of 12 can ride with an adult, and children 12 to 18 may ride alone with their parent’s permission. A permission packet must be completed before a trip is booked for passengers aged 12 to 18. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance, but customers are urged to book trips as soon as they know they will need them in order to get their desired time. MinuteVan Dial-A-Ride service can be used for many purposes including work, medical apointments, shopping, social and recreational reasons depending on the service area.
Hours of operation are 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M and 12:15 PM to 6:15 PM Monday through Friday. All services are provided with wheelchair accessible vehicles.
Passengers may book trips up to one month in advance. The following month’s schedule is opened on the 1st of the previous month. Trips are booked on a first-come first-served basis by calling 978-844-6809 or by going online at www.minutevan.net.
This commuter shuttle runs from the West Acton Fire Station located at 258 Central Street, Acton and the Mt. Calvary Church lot located at 472 Massachusetts Ave (the lot entrance is on Prospect St.) to the MBTA Commuter Rail Station in South Acton. The service runs between 6:45 and 9:25 AM and then again between 5:10 and 7:30 PM. Participants can sign up for:
- Bus pass/parking sticker combo. Entitles you to a guaranteed space in the West Acton Fire Station at parking lot at 258 Central St. or the Mt. Calvary Church parking lot located at 472 Massachusetts Ave (lot entrance is on Prospect St.) and transportation on the shuttle. Cost is $250
- A bus-pass only for $200 per year that does not include a parking space.
- 10-ride ticket booklets be purchased by mail order or directly from the driver. Cost is $10 per booklet. Each ticket is good for a one-way trip on the shuttle and does not include parking.
- Day Passes may be purchased from the driver at a cost of $3 per day.
- Monthly passes may be purchased from the driver. Cost is $40 per month and includes parking and shuttle trip.
- Single trips from the parking lot to the train station on the shuttle can be paid with a $1 fare on the shuttle. This does not include parking.
A transportation service offered by the Town of Acton.
The Road Runner is open to all Acton seniors (60 and over) and any Acton resident with a qualified disability. Others may also ride when space is available. Book trips by calling the dispatcher at 978-844-6809 any time between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM. Book your trip a minimum of 24-hours in advance. The earlier you book, the more likely you will be to get your preferred time. Passengers may book trips up to one month in advance. The following month’s schedule is opened on the 1st of the previous month. Trips are booked on a first-come first-served basis by calling 978-844-6809. The service covers anywhere in Acton, Boxborough, Littleton, Maynard and medical facilities in Concord as well as other select locations. Call to see if the service goes to your destination.
Council on Aging Transportation
The Council on Aging (COA) Senior Van runs Monday through Friday for all Acton seniors (age 60 and over) and any Acton resident with a qualified disability. Others may also ride when space is available.